Thursday, December 4, 2008

Connect the dots: The Bézier curve way

It's a blasphemy for any graphic designer wannabes to not know how to use the Pen Tool in Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks!

A recent conversation with the boss:

Me: Well, I haven't completed the logo because I really, really don't know how to use the Pen Tool....

Boss: Then last time you don't know how to walk, then how come you can +walk now? Last time you don't know how to eat, then how come you can eat now?

Me: Learn lah.

Boss: Yah, so how?

Fine. So I learned lah. (I do need my job, you see). And though there are a billion tutorials on how to use the pen tool available online, it's a fecking hassle trying to read instructions off a webpage while practicing Illustrator in another window.



This is almost heaven-sent: Veerle's Blog have this nifty Illustrator Pen Tool Exercise, which you can download and practice your pen-tool, connect-the-dots style with step-by-step instructions. How nifty.

I supposed you can open up the same .ai file in Photoshop/Fireworks as well.

Pen Tool skillz, I haz.

No comments: