Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013


Let 2013 be a year of learning and consuming what's already available. That would be:
  • reading those books I already have, but never got around to reading. And not buy any new ones. Save $! 
  • watching the VCDs / DVDs I've bought
  • learning actively from people around me (my parents, my friends, my colleagues). They are banks of knowledge which I never actively learned from, mainly due to my stubbornness. 
  • Not be kay-kiang and propose to do something without even have the proper abilities to do so. This has affected my work severely. Should write about that someday. 
I believe when Theodore Roosevelt probably meant something deeper with the quote above, but I've interpreted it my own way.

Wish me luck!

Ohai, new skillz
My brother got married in November 2012, moved out, leaving his guitar behind. He said he'll be taking it back, but I don't think he'll be actively needing it for now. 

My friend Flo helped me to restring the guitar, and taught me how to tune it. And with a K.I.S.S. Guide to playing Guitar (which my brother left behind too), I've learned how to play three major chords ( E A D) on Christmas day. 

Yay, some lessons don't need to spend money one. 

No comments: