Sunday, May 18, 2008

Some social life

Yesterday night I went out with my drama mates - a gathering organized by a Mass Comm Graduate who seems to be putting good use of her PR Skills she had picked up during her course. Dinner was Al Ameen along Chun Tin Road, the place we've spent many happy hours after drama rehearsals getting fat on Teh Pengs and Nasi Goreng Ayams. The Boys, being boys spoke about National Service, and they didn't bothered to fit the girls in. You can never take National Service outta a Singaporean boy, no matter how many times they've ill-bitched about the whole ordeal.

We headed to Holland V, some of them in hope of going to Wala Wala (but it was darn crowded apparently), the rest of us girls headed to coffee. Of course I don't mind Wala Wala, but getting to the 2nd storey would be trouble for someone in crutches.

The Taxi Rides back and forth totalled up to three to four times of my dinner and ice-blended coffee, but it was all worth it. I haven't had much of a social life (except for my dad and some friends that lived in the same neighbourhood) after my injury, so meeting some old friends helped. And it was lovely that some of us were there not to just show off how well we've progressed after graduating, but just to catch up, for real.

And of course, talking through the morning with Audrey was great.

My friend's Deng's bible verse SMS to me this morning, I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go. I will counsel you with my eye upon you. (Psalm 32.7b)

Wow. Kinda like what Audrey was telling me last night.

Audrey: Pick up a religion, JY. Just not Scientology can already. I will smack you loh!

No comments: