Tuesday, February 5, 2008

No confidence lah!

I guessed I never had the confidence to call myself a writer or playwright. I never did well in languages back in school, scoring a C in my GCE Os. Found an English Composition book whilst spring-cleaning this year. Man, I've got Cs for almost every single work.

Comments from the English teacher would include:

"Well attempted. But vocabulary used is limited"

"Good. Could do much better with vocabulary range"

Arrgh.

I think she would have laughed now if she found out that I was once commissioned to write a play. Or won a playwriting competition. Or had my play read by professional actors. Or staged by my peers in Polytechnic.Then again, my plays didn't had extensive usage of vocabulary.

So I'm still not calling myself a writer. But then again, I might one day.

No comments: